The most fragrant and enjoyable way to meet the healing power of nature is to include essential oils in their care routines. Obtained from plant extracts by various methods, these oils play an active role in solving many problems in hair, skin and body care.
What is Essential Oil and How Is It Used?
Oils obtained from various parts of plants such as fruits, leaves, roots and flowers by different techniques are called essential oils. Since the essence is obtained directly by the distillation of the plant, they contain concentrated healing. They contain all the rich ingredients of the plants from which they are obtained. They have intense fragrances of fruits and flowers of plants. They are usually found in liquid form at room temperature. Essential oils can be thought of as the concentrated form of the plant from which they are derived.
The benefits of essential oils are used in many areas from general health to personal care. The essential oil, chosen according to various concerns in general health, can be used by mouth or by inhalation. There are essential oils used by smelling for mental health and relaxation. However, in personal care, essential oils are applied to various parts of the body such as skin, nails and hair. Since essential oils obtained from medicinal and aromatic plants penetrate the skin quickly due to their structure, the most effective results are obtained in this way. It can be used diluted or directly depending on the essential oil type.
Not all essential oils contain the same healing. Each plant species in nature has different effects on human health. Essential oils obtained from plants also have different benefits in personal care. Different essential oils are preferred according to various concerns in skin, hair and body care.
Let's take a look at the most preferred essential oils in personal care!
Lavender Oil and its Benefits
Lavender oil is one of the most commonly used oils in cosmetics and personal care with its pleasant smell. The reason why it is often preferred is not only that it has a pleasant smell. Main benefits of lavender oil:
- It has a calming effect. It is also known as anti-anxiety and relaxing oil.
- Due to its antimicrobial effect, it accelerates the healing of various skin diseases such as wounds, psoriasis, fungal infections.
- It is effective in regenerating skin cells. In this way, it plays an important role in the healing of acne scars.
- It is known for its pain-relieving effect. It is good for migraine pain when applied to the temples and around the nose.
Tea Tree Oil and Its Benefits
Tea tree oil is among the most preferred oils for those with acne-prone skin type. Tea tree oil is usually included in the content of skin care products to prevent acne and blackhead formation. This is because it is one of the oils that best copes with the formation of bacteria on the skin surface. The main benefits of tea tree oil are as follows:
- It prevents the formation of acne and blackheads.
- It is effective in purifying the skin from dirt, dust and make-up residues.
- It prevents the formation of dandruff and relaxes the scalp.
- It is used in the treatment of herpes.
- It can be used as a natural deodorant to control sweating with its antibacterial properties.
Rose Oil and its Benefits
Rose oil is one of the essences preferred in beauty and care for centuries. 4 tons of rose petals are used to obtain 1 liter of rose oil. Rose oil, which is a very valuable aromatherapy oil, contains very intense healing even in a drop. Some of the benefits that are the reason why rose oil has been used since ancient times are as follows:
- It has a serious cleansing effect. It is used as a natural make-up remover.
- It accelerates the healing of wounds on the skin with its accelerating effect on cell regeneration.
- Known as an intense moisture source, it can be preferred to maintain the moisture balance in the skin.
- Rose oil, which has the highest frequency, is often preferred to relieve stress by activating the sense of smell.
Jasmine Oil and its Benefits
Jasmine oil is one of the most widely known relaxing oils used to fight depression. It is often preferred in both mental health and personal care. Some of the known benefits of jasmine oil are as follows:
- It is one of the most effective antiseptic and disinfectants. It is used to deal with germ, bacteria and fungus.
- With its pleasant smell, it plays a stimulating role in the secretion of many hormones, including erotonin. Thus, it is known for its effects such as raising energy and balancing mood.
- It is used against insomnia with its calming effect.
- It is effective in reducing the appearance of sunspots in regular use.
Ylang Ylang Oil and its Benefits
It is one of the first oils that come to mind when it comes to hair care. However, its effect is not limited to this. Some benefits of ylang ylang oil, which has very strong effects in health and personal care:
- It is one of the indispensable ingredients of perfumes with its unique smell. It gives positive energy and vitality.
- It nourishes the hair strands and scalp and ensures rapid hair growth.
- Since it is effective in maintaining the sebum balance of the skin, it prevents the formation of acne and pimples.
- It is among the soothing oils, so it is effective in preventing stress.
- It is one of the oils used to solve the problem of dandruff. It prevents dandruff by providing the scalp with the moisture it needs.
- Due to its rich content, it is one of the most important oils in fighting skin cancer.