Eyes are the mirror of our mood. The brighter the gaze, the more alive we feel and the more positive energy we transmit to ourselves. That's why it's so important to follow an effective care routine to keep the eye area alive and fresh. If you're wondering what to do for a glowing eye area, keep reading!
Why does the eye area wrinkle?
The skin around the eyes is the area where the skin is the most delicate and thin. Therefore, it is quite sensitive and prone to wrinkling. Common causes of wrinkles around the eyes are as follows:
Aging: The main reason for the formation of wrinkles around the eyes is aging. With aging, the production of collagen, which ensures the firmness and elasticity of the skin, decreases. As a result, the muscles around the eyes weaken and it becomes inevitable for the wrinkles to become permanent. Wrinkle formation is inevitable with age, but it is possible to reduce the appearance of wrinkles with the right eye area care.
Dryness: As in all areas of the skin, dryness causes wrinkles around the eyes. Moisture makes the skin look plump. The eye area is prone to dryness due to low sebum production. When the eye area loses its moisture, fine lines appear.
UV Rays: The harmful rays of the sun weaken the skin barrier. As a result, the moisture holding power of the skin weakens and skin dryness occurs. UV rays cause rapid drying of the eye area and the formation of wrinkles.
Mimics and touches: Conditions such as rubbing the eye area, removing make-up by battering it, and making too many gestures that trigger the eye area cause wrinkles around the eyes.
How Are Wrinkles Around the Eyes Treated?
Here are a few points to consider in order to prevent wrinkles around the eyes and to alleviate the appearance of wrinkles:
- Drinking plenty of water is very important to maintain the moisture balance in the skin. In order to keep the skin moist and fresh, care should be taken to drink an average of 2 liters of water per day.
- The secret of a lively and bright appearance around the eyes is a good sleep. One of the golden rules of skin care is healthy sleep. A healthy adult's regular sleep of about 6-8 hours a day regulates the skin and prevents it from losing moisture.
- Protection from UV rays is very important to prevent fine wrinkles. Applying sunscreen half an hour before going out in the sun and reapplying sunscreen 1-2 times a day protects the eye area. Also, making a habit of using sunglasses helps to protect the eye area.
- Make-up residues around the eyes cause wrinkles. Therefore, it is important to take care of skin cleaning. Even on days without make-up, the area around the eyes can be cleaned with a damp cotton pad to help the pores breathe.
- It is important to establish a care routine for eye area care and to follow this routine regularly. Wrinkle appearance can be reduced with regular and relevant wrinkle care. For this, keeping the eye area clean and using the appropriate eye area care cream twice a day.