Our skin is affected differently by each season. In the summer, the spots and sweating caused by the harmful effects of the sun are replaced by the dryness and sensitivity caused by the cold and wind in the winter. In winter, skin care should be much more supportive and therapeutic. For this, the products to be preferred should contain valuable ingredients in order to protect the skin in winter and prevent it from being adversely affected by weather conditions.
How should skin care be in winter?
Cold and windy weather causes the moisture holding capacity of the skin to decrease. For this reason, not only dry skin, but also oily, combination or normal skin types face the problem of dryness during the winter months. Sometimes this dryness problem can cause serious skin problems. The biggest effect of the winter months is the loss of moisture and dullness of the skin. This situation can be seen in various forms such as tightness on the skin, itching in cold weather, redness, exfoliation, loss of shine. Therefore, a privileged skin care is required in cold and windy weather.
Both the face and the entire body need more moisture than usual during the winter months. For this, it is necessary to nourish the skin with valuable extracts from the outside and lock the moisture into the skin. Moisturizing products used in the summer are generally insufficient to saturate the skin with moisture during the winter months. The products to be preferred in winter should consist of ingredients that will trap moisture in the skin and provide a long-lasting moist feeling. The following contents will be preferred for maintenance in the winter months.
are the effective ingredients that can be included in the content of the products.
- Squalane (Squalene): Squalane, which is naturally present in the skin structure, is supportive in keeping the skin bright, saturated with moisture, lively and bright. This completely herbal ingredient helps balance sebum and supports the longevity of cells.
- Hyaluronic Acid: Known for its ability to trap moisture in the skin, Hyaluronic Acid is very important for maintaining the moisture needed for the winter months. With the preservation of moisture, the skin elasticity is preserved and the skin barrier is strengthened. It is effective in preventing the appearance of fine wrinkles due to dryness in winter.
- Shea Butter: It is one of the most preferred precious oils to nourish and moisturize the skin. Since it provides intense moisture to the skin, it is preferred for product contents to be used in winter months.
- Borege (Board) Oil: While providing a perfect softness to the skin, it is effective in protecting the skin from environmental damage. It offers a delicate care for the skin surface that gets dry and cracked due to the cold in winter.
- Collagen: Collagen, a protein produced by the body, decreases with age. This makes the skin vulnerable to adverse effects. It is important to supplement the skin with collagen, since the lack of collagen causes the problem of skin dryness.
Dry skin caused by cold and windy weather in winter and dry air caused by indoor heaters requires careful care. Itching, dryness and flaking are common problems in cold weather. The presence of these ingredients in the care products to be preferred in the winter months brings with it a bright, moist and lively skin with regular use.