Our largest organ is our skin. However, the skin should not be considered as a whole when it comes to care. Because every part of our skin needs separate care and moisturizing. For example; Moisture needs of areas such as knees, elbows and heels, which are particularly over-drying, are not the same as those of the facial area, which requires delicate care. Face; In order to have a lively, bright, full and healthy appearance, it needs more privileged care compared to other parts of the body.
Why is moisturizing important for skin?
The need for intense moisture is caused by having a genetically dry skin type. However, this does not mean that only those with dry skin should use a moisturizer. All skin needs to be saturated with moisture in order to maintain the natural balance of the skin.
In the skin; Moisture loss may occur due to many reasons such as adverse weather conditions, stress, hormonal changes, use of wrong cosmetic products. In order to prevent moisture loss due to genetics and other factors, it is necessary to nourish the skin from the outside and inside. Otherwise, the skin that loses its moisture loses its shine and healthy appearance. Many negativities such as increase in wrinkles, flaking and sensitivity can be observed in dehydrated skin.
A rich moisturizer provides the support that the skin needs and helps to eliminate the problem of dryness. A good moisturizer has many benefits for the skin. These;
- Giving the skin the moisture it needs,
- Preventing flaking,
- Brightening the skin by preventing the matte appearance,
- Preventing the formation of wrinkles,
- Restoring the natural balance of the skin
- A lively and spacious appearance,
- Strengthening the skin barrier,
- It can be listed as preparing the skin for make-up.
Differences between water-based moisturizer and oil-based moisturizer
The basic condition of correct skin care is to determine the skin type first. Since the moisture needs of each skin type are different, the type of moisturizer to be used is also different. The moisturizer for oily skin is not the same as for dry skin. Humidifiers can be broadly divided into two groups as water-based moisturizers and oil-based moisturizers. In fact, there is only one simple fundamental difference between these two varieties. When the product content is examined;
Water-based moisturizer: Water (Aqua) takes the first place in the ingredient list.
Oil-based moisturizer: An active ingredient known as oil or oil comes first in the ingredient list.
Apart from this basic difference, the content of both types of moisturizers can be enriched with similar active ingredients. It contains ingredients that soften the skin, trap moisture in the air and water-retaining in both types. Ingredients such as Niacinamide, a valuable and very beneficial vitamin for the skin, can be included in the content of both types of moisturizers and can fight drying effects such as fine wrinkles.
Those who need moisturizer for oily skin should prefer a water-based moisturizer as it is lighter in structure and absorbs quickly. However, for dry and combination skin prone to drying, water-based moisturizers may not be enough to saturate the skin with moisture. For this reason, oil-based moisturizers with more intense content should be preferred. Ingredients such as fast-absorbing dry oil can also be preferred with its pleasant use.
Things to consider when applying moisturizer
Moisturizing the skin is one of the most enjoyable steps of skin care. Moisturizing the face, body and hair regularly is one of the best ways to both effectively care and feel good. So what should be considered when applying moisturizer?
- After a shower is the ideal time for the moisturizer to be absorbed better and faster in the skin. A noticeably greater effect can be achieved from moisturizer applied to slightly damp skin.
- Our skin deserves delicate care. Instead of rubbing and rubbing too much, it is best to feed the skin from bottom to top with movements in the opposite direction of blood flow while applying moisturizer. This method applies to all skin and body moisturizers. Especially when moisturizing large areas, choosing more fluid products such as oil and lotion can be easier in terms of application. For example; Dry oil (dry oil) can be preferred due to its rapid absorption and intense moisture supply effect.
- The basic rule of benefiting from care is to establish a regular routine. The use of humidifier is also one of the maintenance steps that should be applied as a regular routine morning and evening.
For a healthy skin, it is necessary to maintain the natural moisture balance of the skin. For this, it is important to drink plenty of water as well as add a moisturizer that does not contain harmful components to your care routine. Water consumption, which is the natural moisturizer of the skin, should not be neglected.